On March 29th, Shantel Leyva, who has been studying with Hollywood PAL for over eight years tested and promoted to Black Belt! Shantel is Hollywood PAL’s 16th black belt. The last to test and pass was Dario Calderon in 2009. Many friends in the community came out to watch and support Shantel, including Robertson Properties who has been donating the Martial Arts Studio to PAL for the past 9 years. The board of judges included John Reed, Robert Lennon, Master Bob White, Barbara White, Virgil Bartolomucci, Master Burnis White III, Ivette Aragon, Karen Aragon, Siaka Harding and Ron Sanchez. All were impressed by her forms, techniques, skills and essay. Congratulations, Shantel, and to all of the other Hollywood PAL Martial Arts students that promoted belts as well.
Most Recent News
- HOLLYWOOD PAL MARTIAL ARTS TAKES TWO SILVER MEDALS IN THE JUNIOR OLYMPICS June 21, 2021
- HOLLYWOOD PAL KICKS OFF 25 YEARS OF SERVICE TO YOUTH June 8, 2021
- Hollywood PAL Martial Arts Youth Win Bronze in Youth Nationals May 13, 2021
- Virtual Marathon Runners Cross the Finish Line March 29, 2021
- Seven Hollywood Restaurants Collaborate on Carbo-load Dinner for Hollywood PAL Youth Marathon Runners March 22, 2021