Tutors and Mentors
Tutoring and Mentoring creates positive impact in youth’s lives. Youth with mentors have higher rates of high school graduation and are less likely to drop out of school. They find more self-confidence, self esteem, and are able to create big goals for themselves. Additionally, studies show that behavior, attitudes, and relationships improve when a youth has a mentor. Mentors help children grow and close the social and/or economic opportunity gap. Becoming a tutor or mentor has additional benefits
- Develop strong communication and leadership skills.
- Real world experience that helps with career goals.
- Build confidence in your ability to make a difference.
- Improved knowledge of learning, studying, and test-taking techniques.
- Strengthen awareness of resources available in the community.