- Positive relationships between law enforcement professionals and children build a stronger community, as well as encourage good citizenship and respect for the law.
- With police officers as their role models, youth develop values for discipline, responsibility, hard work, goal setting and self-awareness.
- The camaraderie and friendships formed amongst kids in a healthy, safe environment provides positive peer support and enriches their childhood experience.
- Families, regardless of income level, should have access to affordable, safe after-school activities for their children.
- Communities have a responsibility to promote and safeguard the interests and general welfare of the youth. By investing in the personal and social development of our youth, we are investing in the future of our community.