This summer, the Hollywood PAL Officers decided to try something new, something that would change kids lives forever. They designed a Young Men’s Enrichment Academy and a Young Women’s Empowerment Academy, both for the purpose of teaching life skills. Last week, the young men completed their week and the results were incredible. Thanks to our community partners, these young men learned how to tie a tie, budget their spending, communicate with adults, basic self defense skills, how to do an oil change, the value of a day’s hard work and so much more. These youth were transformed! A huge thank you to our partners and the friends who made this week possible.
Most Recent News
- Save the Date – November 12, 2019 for Hollywood PAL’s Annual Awards Gala September 26, 2019
- Poker at the Pantages raises over $26,000 for Hollywood PAL Youth Programs! September 23, 2019
- Congratulations to our winner of the Luxurious Weekend in Scottsdale, AZ! November 17, 2018
- Save the Date: Nov 1 for 2018 PAL Awards Gala September 18, 2018
- Hollywood PAL Unveils 3rd Mural at 6501 Fountain! February 9, 2018
“Many of my friends at school look at LAPD officers in the wrong way, but once you get to know them like I have, your opinion changes so much. I have a great bond with them and I know I can talk to them about anything. I am growing up in a very dangerous part of East Hollywood with many local gangs roaming around my house and neighborhood. But with this program I am able to stay out of gangs, do well in school and be a man who stands for good and not bad. I am grateful for that.”