This summer, the Hollywood PAL Officers decided to try something new, something that would change kids lives forever. They designed a Young Men’s Enrichment Academy and a Young Women’s Empowerment Academy, both for the purpose of teaching life skills. Last week, the young men completed their week and the results were incredible. Thanks to our community partners, these young men learned how to tie a tie, budget their spending, communicate with adults, basic self defense skills, how to do an oil change, the value of a day’s hard work and so much more. These youth were transformed! A huge thank you to our partners and the friends who made this week possible.
Most Recent News
- Save the Date – November 12, 2019 for Hollywood PAL’s Annual Awards Gala September 26, 2019
- Poker at the Pantages raises over $26,000 for Hollywood PAL Youth Programs! September 23, 2019
- Congratulations to our winner of the Luxurious Weekend in Scottsdale, AZ! November 17, 2018
- Save the Date: Nov 1 for 2018 PAL Awards Gala September 18, 2018
- Hollywood PAL Unveils 3rd Mural at 6501 Fountain! February 9, 2018
“Kimberly graduating from a magnet school and heading to a good college may be the most powerful thing that will be associated with in my career. I did not foster her on my own, we all took turns, but I am really proud and feel a sense of meaning by her success. She told me that she wrote about me taking her to her Freshman Orientation Day in her student introduction statement she had to write for college applications and scholarships. As much as I gave to PAL, I have received back tenfold. In police work your job is to clean up the aftermath of tragedy. With Kimberly, I feel that our involvement helped her divert disaster. I am thankful and blessed to have been a PAL officer.” ~ Former PAL Program Officer