On October 16th, twelve volunteers from the Banc of California donated their time and expertise to helping the kids of PAL to understand the basics of personal finances. Los Angeles City College generously hosted the event which allowed for the kids to be divided by age into several classrooms. Six to nine year old’s talked about needs versus wants, ten to thirteen year old’s talked about saving, and the high school kids learned about budgeting, retirement, credit cards and financial aid. What we didn’t expect was how much the parents appreciated the opportunity to ask questions. It was an incredible experience for our families and for the volunteers. We look forward to doing this event again to hopefully reach every PAL family and give them the support and information that they need. Thank you for being our partner, Banc of California!
Most Recent News
- An Unforgettable Journey: PAL Kids Take on Washington DC! July 12, 2023
- Hollywood PAL 2023 Car Show May 9, 2023
- Poker at the Pantages Raises over $45,000 for HPAL Youth Programs April 26, 2023
- HPAL Run Team Completes the LA Marathon March 19, 2023
- HPAL AWARDS GALA RAISES OVER $200K FOR YOUTH PROGRAMS November 10, 2022
Make a Donation
Your gift to Hollywood PAL supports our life-saving programs for area at-risk youth and helps create a safer Hollywood community.