On October 16th, twelve volunteers from the Banc of California donated their time and expertise to helping the kids of PAL to understand the basics of personal finances. Los Angeles City College generously hosted the event which allowed for the kids to be divided by age into several classrooms. Six to nine year old’s talked about needs versus wants, ten to thirteen year old’s talked about saving, and the high school kids learned about budgeting, retirement, credit cards and financial aid. What we didn’t expect was how much the parents appreciated the opportunity to ask questions. It was an incredible experience for our families and for the volunteers. We look forward to doing this event again to hopefully reach every PAL family and give them the support and information that they need. Thank you for being our partner, Banc of California!
Most Recent News
- HOLLYWOOD PAL MARTIAL ARTS TAKES TWO SILVER MEDALS IN THE JUNIOR OLYMPICS June 21, 2021
- HOLLYWOOD PAL KICKS OFF 25 YEARS OF SERVICE TO YOUTH June 8, 2021
- Hollywood PAL Martial Arts Youth Win Bronze in Youth Nationals May 13, 2021
- Virtual Marathon Runners Cross the Finish Line March 29, 2021
- Seven Hollywood Restaurants Collaborate on Carbo-load Dinner for Hollywood PAL Youth Marathon Runners March 22, 2021